Friday, February 12, 2010

Show us your life...Valentine's Day!

I am joining in on Kelly's blog hop, show us your life Valentine's Dates.  

My favorite Valentine's Day was our first year of marriage.  It didn't start off that way though... I worked at El Chico, and had to work both lunch and dinner.  I wasn't going to get home until late, and I was so sad I wasn't going to get to celebrate Valentine's Day with my new husband (of less than a month).  

Little did I know that my husband was planning a wonderful surprise!  We lived in a 2 bedroom apartment, life was simple, we didn't have a lot then, but we didn't care, we were together!  When I pulled up to the door at around 10:30 I noticed all the lights were off and I thought to myself, "I can't believe he didn't even wait up on me!!!"  When I got to the door, I was trying to get in and the door was dead bolted... It was cold and I just wanted to get in.  When he finally came to the door, I saw he had a wonderful candlelit dinner prepared.  He made steak, mashed potatoes, salad and rolls.  He really took time and prepared every detail, even garnishing the plate with parsley.  I was so surprised and it was sooooo good!  Then he showed me the gift he had so carefully picked out.  It was a jewelry box with a necklace, ring and earrings inside!  I was so pleased that he knew I was sad that we weren't going to be able to go out, and made staying in so special!

I love my husband of 9 years more every day!  

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a fun surprise!! Sounds like a GREAT Valentine's Day!! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a SUPER weekend!!
    Warmly,
    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete