Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Blessed!

During the CHRISTmas season, we all have so much going on.  Shopping, wrapping, hanging lights, decorating, visiting friends and family, Church musicals and plays, parties, school productions... etc etc etc the list goes on and on.  We all know the reason for the season, but with all that is going on, sometimes we forget to just reflect on the blessings God has given us.  Today's post is all about blessings in my life.


My Parents (with my son and my nephew)

God has blessed me throughout my lifetime more than I could ever imagine.  Lets start at the beginning, he blessed me with 2 wonderful Christian parents (who are still together, 35 years now, and still serving the Lord).  They raised me in a Christian home and taught me how to lean on God.  Depend on HIM to get me through all that life throws at me. They gave me opportunities to develop into what God would have me be.  Thank you mom and dad for All that you have done for me through out the past 28 years.

I am also blessed to have great friends.  I have had one friend, Mandy longer than any other.  We have been friends since I was about 2.  She now lives in Pennsylvania so I don't get to see her often, but I know if I ever needed her, she is always there for me.  (and the same for me to her).  I have also had several friends who I have been friends with since elementary,(Lisa, Debra, Andrea)  and some since high school (Wendy, Joey, Brandi, Kembre... the list goes on and on).  I am so thankful to have them all in my life as well.  I also have friends who have been close since I have been married (David & Elizabeth, Lucas & Kortney, Todd & Jamie.... again the list goes on and on)    Many of them no longer live close, but thanks to the internet, it is easier to keep in touch.


My husband Shawn

I have also been blessed with a wonderful husband, Shawn.  He is a hard worker, a wonderful dad, a Christian man, and my best friend.  I am thankful for all he does for me and Gavin.  We have had so many wonderful memories over the past 10 years.  We too have been blessed as a couple.  We have been blessed with wonderful jobs, a home, vehicles, etc.  But above all we have been blessed with a precious little boy, Gavin.

Which brings me to that special little boy.  I could never have imagined how wonderful and rewarding being a mom is.  He brings us so much joy.  Our home is filled with laughter, love and lots of toys... He is a very caring little boy.  He has a big heart, and we do not take it lightly our responsibility as parents.  I do know however, the bible says to train him up in the way of the Lord and when he is old he will not depart from it.
(paraphrasing).  I can't wait for the future.  I know God is going to use him in a mighty way.

I am also blessed to have been a member of 3 wonderful churches in my lifetime.  God has blessed me in so many ways, too many to ever be able to name.  When you are feeling down, whether it be bills, stress, sickness, etc, remember God is there all you have to do is call on Him.  Look at how blessed you are, not what you don't have, but what you do. 

May God bless you and your family, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment