Saturday, June 26, 2010

Show us your life, Activities for the kids!

I look forward to the summer every year, because I am a teacher and I get summers off to spend with my child.  I try to think of fun things to do with Gavin.  Here are a few things we do...

1.  We have "school" about an hour a day during the summer.  We do all kinds of things and I try to make it fun for him.Right now he is learning to read, so I read to him and he reads to me.  We also do art projects, use play dough, paintpractice writing.  Right now he is really into writing words and sentences.  His handwriting is not great yet, but he isloving sounding out and writing words.  He will start Kindergarten in a couple of months, so he is excited!

 reading to me!

 This was a gift he got for Christmas and he loves to learn about different places.  This Globe tells about the food they eat, the activities they do, landmarks that are located in different areas of the world and so much more.  He LOVES it!

One of his writing pages...

Close up...

2.  I also love to scrapbook and now Gavin likes to help me.Since most of my scrapbooking involves pictures of himhe really gets into helping me pick out pictures,&  add stickers.


3.  He also loves the water, so sprinklers and swimming
are a big hit with him!!!



4.  We also love to go to the zoo.  We usually go several times throughout the summer, although we have not yet been this summer.  

What do you like to do with your kids in the summer.  Go to...

Happy Summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment