Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend!

I am officially out for summer break!  I am looking forward to relaxing, getting more done on the house we are re-modeling, scrapbooking, going to church camp, VBS, but most of all spending time with my son.  This is the last summer he has before he starts school!  WOW!  I can't believe he is starting school!  I have a lot planned for us this summer.  Nothing too exciting because Shawn doesn't get vacation yet, but a lot of time spent together! 

This past weekend was full of excitement.  We went to 2 birthday parties on Saturday.  Colter, who turned 3 was the first at 10:00 am.  
blowing out the candles 

Birthday Boy!

Gavin, hot from playing in the park!

The second birthday was Shanlee, who turned 6.  Her mother, Kortnie and I were pregnant at the same time.  She had a cute birthday party complete with a bounce house, treasure hunt with burried treasure, and a pinata.  Unfortunately I forgot to grab my camera for this one!  :(

Monday morning Gavin wanted to show his Daddy his new love of water.  Not only a week ago, he was terrified to go under water, and now he is doing back flips, jumping off the ladder, attempting to swim underwater.  I am so proud of him!!!  
loving the water!

Monday night our friends Mitchell and Brandi and their 2 precious girls came over for dinner, hamburgers and hotdogs!!!  The kids had fun playing after dinner.

playing with trains

train tent

sweet friends!

Gavin, 
Anna & Maggie

cutie pie Anna!

Shawn and I

Maggie- look at that smile! 

Gavin, Anna, Maggie and Brandi

We had a wonderful relaxing weekend!
Thanks to all who serve our country.  Thanks to the families who stand by them as they serve!

A special thanks to my friends who have served or are still serving this great country!

Kyle Stansell- Army National Guard
Tommy Newcomb- Navy

No comments:

Post a Comment