Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back to School!


Well this week I am officially back at school! (the kids won't be there until next week) I am ready to be back, just not ready for the 6 am alarm. That is probably my least favorite thing in the world... the buzzing of an alarm clock. I am however ready for the kids to get there and to begin another year with a new class. I have 11 boys and only 6 girls this year.

Teaching first grade is such an amazing experience. You get to see so much growth from the beginning to the end of the year. From their reading to their writing, to their math skills, it is truly amazing how much their young minds retain.

This is only my fifth year to be teaching, and I get so excited about my job. I love kids and I love to make a difference in their lives. My goal is to get them to "LOVE TO LEARN!" If you can teach a child that, you have made school an easier, more enjoyable experience. I think that if a child enjoys what they are doing, then they are more likely to remember what they have learned. I try to think outside the box and plan activities that will help them to have fun while learning. That is actually a rule in my classroom...HAVE FUN LEARNING! Whether it be a song, chant, game, or partner activity they begin to love learning and can't get enough of it!

One of the most rewarding parts of my job so far have been the students who say they don't want to leave my class because they had such a great experience with learning.
I hope to encourage all my students to believe in themselves dream big... anything is possible!

I know that this is going to be a wonderful school year, and I can't wait to begin! For all those teachers out there reading this, I hope you have a wonderful year too!



No comments:

Post a Comment