Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Traditions!

As a child we always had traditions when it came to putting up our tree. We ALWAYS had a real tree, my dad would go cut one down and bring it home. My grandparents who lived next door would come over and we would decorate it that night. My dad would always put the lights on, and then my sister, brother and I along with our parents and grandparents would decorate. I remember this always being such an exciting time of year! Another tradition that we had as kids and still continue today is the family would pick a night close to Christmas and go out to eat and then drive around looking at the Christmas lights! I love traditions and was so excited to start our own when I got married in 2001. One of our traditions is we buy each other an ornament every year that represents something that happened that year. Since our son was born we do the same with him. I love getting all the ornaments out and remembering all the great times we have had in the past.


This season to me is always fun. I love the lights, the music, the excitement of the children (and adults). I love directing the Christmas play at my church. More than anything it is a reminder of a baby sent to this world, born in a stable, laid in a manger. A baby who was sent to save the world. I know him as my savior Jesus Christ. There is no greater gift that the gift that Jesus gave us when he died on the Cross. I hope that Christmas has that special meaning for you as well. After all Jesus is the reason for the Season.

What are your favorite Holiday Traditions???





No comments:

Post a Comment