Sunday, January 24, 2010

Chicken Tortilla Soup!



I haven't done a recipe in a while so I thought I would share with you my chicken tortilla soup... we had it last night for dinner.  My husband is not the biggest fan of soups, but he LOVED this one!

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Ingredients:

Chicken (I use boneless skinless chicken breast)
2 Cans of Chicken broth
Can of tomato sauce
Can of mexican rotel
Cumin
Garlic ( I use 1 1/2 fresh cloves)
Cilantro
Onion
Salt and Pepper
1 cup of diced carrots
1/2 jalopeno diced
Celery salt
Chili powder
diced avacados
Pepper jack / cheddar cheese
sliced corn tortillas
splash of milk (put in at the end)
serve with tortilla chips
a little sour cream on top when you serve

I do not measure precise amounts, I just put in a little of this and a little of that... I can't tell you the exact amounts of any of it, but it always seems to turn out great! 


No comments:

Post a Comment