Friday, January 1, 2010

Goodbye 2009...

2009 was a very eventful year for our family.  
We had a lot of changes,
a lot of great times, and a lot of love 
throughout the year. 


In January 2009...
We celebrated 8 years of marriage.  In a way it only feels like yesterday we got married, in other ways it seems like we have been together forever.  I am looking forward to many more years together.


In February...
We had a wonderful Valentine's Day together.  We went to the movies and out to eat without Gavin (which rarely happens).  
Shawn was laid off from Lone Star Steel (or US Steel).  We were unsure of what we were going to do...


In March...
Shawn celebrated his 27 birthday.  He was looking for a job.  I was praying for a new job.  On the upside, Gavin started T-Ball and Shawn was here for every practice and every Game!




In April...
I was really getting ready to be out of school for summer break by then. For all of you in education, you know the closer it is to summer the less you get out of kids and the harder it becomes to teach them! haha


In May...
Shawn found out he got a new job with Sears, a small engine mechanic who goes out on location to fix lawn equipment and 
BBQ grills.  He has always liked working on lawn mowers so he was really excited with his new job.  (as was I, he was going stir crazy staying at home, and I was just going crazy with him staying at home!) 


In June...
Possibly our busiest month of the year...

Shawn started his month long training in Dallas for the new job.  The first week of his training I went to Church camp as a sponsor.  I had a wonderful time, but I missed Gavin.  I had never been away from him that long.  It was hard for me, he on the other hand was having a wonderful time with his Grampy and Granny.
The last 3 weeks of June Gavin and I would travel to Springhill to stay with Shawn the first half of those weeks, and then come home for the last few days of each week.  It was nice to have  a free hotel to stay in while we were there.  We had a lot of rest, and went swimming, I even took Gavin to the Dallas zoo alone...which if you know me that was not like me at all.  I don't like to go places like that alone, but I did want Gavin to get to do something fun while we were there. 
We also had my 10 year class reunion, it was good to see a lot of my classmates.



Gavin's 5th birthday was also in June.  We had a T-Ball party at our church gym.  There was a big turn out and he had a blast!
 



I also hosted an At Home Party in June... 
whew it was a busy month!


July...
We celebrated the 4th with friends at the Park in Talco.  They had a wonderful fireworks show.  Even though it was extremely hot, we had a great time!  
I also got to see my best friend from Pennsylvania in July, we met at the Tyler zoo, we had a great time catching up, and letting the kids play.
We also had VBS at our church in July.



August...
My birthday is in August.  We went to eat and to the movies in Paris (Shawn, myself and Gavin along with his cousin, Ashli who stayed with us alot this summer, we loved having her here!)  We also went to eat another night for my birthday at one of my favorite places to eat, Olive Garden, with Joey, Wendy, Colter, Ashli, Shawn Gavin and myself.


September...
I started working with our teens at church, started singing in our Praise and Worship group along with Lisa and Brandi.  
Our Young Adults and teens went to the Ranger game and Mercy Me Concert.


October...
We went to the Rivercrest Homecoming.
Gavin was Transformer (Bumblebee) for Halloween.


November...
We had Family pictures made during the Thanksgiving Holidays.  We celebrated Thanksgiving with both sides of our families.


December...
We had a wonderful CHRISTMAS season!  I have so much to be thankful for.  


That is only the highlights of 2009... I am sure 2010 will have a lot more in store for us!  


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!


*Amy*




 


No comments:

Post a Comment