Thursday, January 28, 2010

Life as a wife, mom, teacher...

I really have nothing too exciting going on tonight...No Grey's Anatomy and no Private Practice...this is the night I actually watch TV. 

I was just reading with my 5 year old.  He learned his letters and sounds when he was 2 (Leap Frog Letter Factory is a must for moms of toddlers).  Anyway he is sounding out words, when I make him stop and look at them that is, otherwise he is looking at the pictures and making up stories.  (which is good for young kids to do as well!)  I love the fact that he is at the age where things are beginning for him!  I am so excited about him starting school next year.  Being a teacher I want him to do well.  I want him to be ahead of the game.  With what kids are expected to learn now days it can't hurt to be a little ahead!  I am first and foremost his "mother" and his "teacher".

Speaking of what kids are learning...I teach 1st grade and in my opinion it is the best grade to teach!  They come to you not reading, writing, adding or subtracting and they leave reading a minimum of 60 words per minute!  It is amazing how one year can change a child's life so much!  They are now able to read signs and cereal boxes, not to mention books,  tell time, count money (coins)  write stories and letters, and so much more! 

 I love my job it is so rewarding!  Even after a long week with very talkitive 6 and 7 year olds it is all worth it!  I am so proud of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment